White Collar Criminal
Arnstein & Lehr handles a broad spectrum of “white collar” criminal matters. This practice group continues to expand as a result of the growing complexity of business in an environment of governmental regulations, as well as state and local government’s increased reliance upon criminal sanctions to encourage compliance with business laws and regulations.
Our Practice in this area includes:
- State and federal major felony trials and appeals
- Federal and state environmental enforcement actions
- Tax matters
- Federal Food and Drug Administration proceedings
- Federal securities law matters
- Mail and wire fraud
- Criminal investigations and actions under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO)
We also represent witnesses and defendants before grand juries, professional licensing boards, and special investigative panels, as well as handle criminal trials and appellate proceedings. We assist clients with conducting corporate internal investigations to address potential employee misconduct and the implementation of preventative measures to help avoid problems in this area, including the establishment of appropriate internal audit and security measures, employee screening procedures, and other mechanisms to help ensure statutory and regulatory compliance. We can also coordinate efforts to obtain a “safe harbor” protection for clients under various state and federal laws.