Ronald R. Fieldstone
Ronald R. Fieldstone is a partner in the Miami office of Arnstein & Lehr LLP, specializing in corporate/securities and taxation law and a member of the Executive Committee of the firm.
Mr. Fieldstone is a member of the Real Property, Probate and Trust and the Tax Law Sections of The Florida Bar. He has published numerous articles and has been a lecturer in the fields of real estate, corporate, tax law, franchise law and securities law for the past 39 years. Mr. Fieldstone currently practices primarily in the areas of corporate/securities and taxation law. He graduated from the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania in 1971 Magna Cum Laude and received joint MBA/JD degrees from Wharton School and University of Pennsylvania Law School in 1974.
Since 2009 Mr. Fieldstone has actively been involved in serving as corporate/securities counsel for multifaceted industries involving EB-5 immigrant visa investor offerings. Mr. Fieldstone represents a vast number of Regional Centers and Developers in EB-5 offerings, totaling in excess of 100 projects. His corporate/securities work includes the preparation of private placement memoranda and related documents.
Additionally, Mr. Fieldstone actively lectures and publishes in the EB-5 corporate/securities fields. Most recently, he presented to one of the three largest migration agents in China on the topics of securities compliance, securities due diligence and pre-immigration tax planning. Mr. Fieldstone also served on the Best Practices Committee of the Association to Invest In the USA (IIUSA).
Mr. Fieldstone was a principal in a Blockbuster Video franchise that operated 25 stores in eight states from 1987 until October, 1995, when the business was sold to the franchisor. He is a principal of a multi-state lithotripsy company and was also a principal of Barnie’s Coffee and Tea, Inc., the owner of the Barnie’s operating system with approximately 80 corporate units and 20 franchised units from 2001 until 2004. Mr. Fieldstone has extensive real estate holdings in the state of Florida and served as a managing partner of Landmark Residential from 1999 until 2008, which has served as the sponsor and manager of approximately 20,000 multi-family units in the states of Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Texas and North Carolina that were liquidated over a period of 12 years for in excess of one billion dollars.
Professional Activities and Achievements
Mr. Fieldstone has been active in numerous civic and charitable organizations, including currently serving as vice president, director and chairman of the Institutional Review Board of the Miami Jewish Medical Center, general counsel and a trustee of the Society of Laproendoscopic and Endoscopic Surgeons, and special counsel and an advisor to the Board of Trustees of Actors Playhouse at Miracle Theatre.
- Speaker, EB-5 matters at press conference with six Chinese publications, New York City (July 2013)
- Speaker, 2013 EB-5 Investment Summit: Dealmaker’s Conference, Los Angeles (May 30, 2013)
- Speaker, Shanghai’s 2013 Invest in America Summit & Exhibition (March 2013)
- Speaker, South Florida EB-5 Finance Workshop, Professional Networking & Holiday Bash (November 8, 2012)
- Speaker, 2nd Annual IIUSA EB-5 Investment & Economic Development Forum, Laguna Beach (April 2012)
- Speaker, The 2012 EB-5 Investment Summit – Dealmakers Conference, New York (April 2012)
- Speaker, The 2nd Annual National EB-5 Finance & Investment Forum, Miami (March 2012)
- Speaker, The Invest in America 2012 Summit & Exhibition, Shanghai, China (February 2012)
- Speaker, Various organizations on EB-5 Securities/Corporate matters, Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando (2011)
- Speaker, “Structure and Underwriting of Commercial Real Estate Loans,” Miami (December 2004)
- Speaker, “Essentials of Section 1031 Exchanged in Florida,” Miami (December 2004)
- Speaker, “Buying and Selling a Business in Florida,” Miami (December 2001, 2000)
- Speaker, “Selected Issues in Franchising Today,” The Florida Bar, Business Law Section (December 1997)
- Speaker, “Practical Aspects of Franchisee Representation,” The Florida Bar, Business Law Section (December 1996)
- Speaker, “International Franchising,” The Florida Bar, Business Law Section, Miami (December 1995)
- Speaker, “Franchise Law, Structures and Strategies,” The Florida Bar, Business Law Section, Fort Lauderdale (December 1994)
- Speaker, “Emerging Issues and Franchise Negotiations,” The Florida Bar, Business Law Section, Miami (December 1993)
- Speaker, “Representing Franchises: Purchase, Sale and Transfer/Franchise Disputes,” The Florida Bar, Business Law Section, Miami (December 1992)
- Speaker, “Advanced Real Estate Seminar,” National Business Institute , Miami (June 1992)
- Speaker, “Basic Real Estate Seminar,” National Business Institute, Miami (February 1992)
- Contributor, “Tax Planning a Necessity for Immigrant Investors,” Accounting Today (August 23, 2013)
- Article, EB-5, China Daily (August 2013)
- Author, “Green-card program gets due diligence,” Miami Herald (February 25, 2013)
- Author, “Visa Program’s Side Effects Include Investments — and Legal Work,” (November 12, 2012)
- Author, “EB-5 Program Infuses Foreign Capital Into U.S.,” REBusiness Online (September 11, 2012)
- Co-Author, “The EB-5 Definitive Guide to Raising Capital,” (August 2012)
- Author, “EB-5 Program Can Be Lifeline to Capital,” Miami Herald (June 5, 2012)
- Author, “How Foreign Investors Can Get a Green Card In Exchange for $1 Million,” Business Insider (March 23, 2012)
- Author, “USCIS EB-5 Program – Current States/Pros & Cons,” Business Insider (March 1, 2012)
- Author, “Prospects for Development of EB-5 Regional Centre to Sponsor Foreign Investment in the US Immigration Program,” Financier Worldwide Magazine (December 2011)
- Author, “EB-5 Program and Real Estate Opportunities,” Marcus & Millichamp (December 2011)
- Author, “Securities Law Issues, Including Broker-Dealer/Finder Fees,” The Association to Invest in the USA (IIUSA), (September 2011)
- Author, “Franchise Encroachment Law,” Franchise Law Journal (1998)
- Recipient of the Miami International Chamber’s 2013 International Business Leadership Award.
- Listed in the 2011-2013 issues of South Florida Legal Guide’s Top Real Estate, Corporate/Commercial Transactions and Taxation Lawyers.
- Listed in the 2004 – 2012 issues of Florida Trend as one of a select group of attorneys and has been listed in the South Florida Business Journal in its Commercial Transactions section.
University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D., 1974)
Wharton School (MBA 1974)
Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania (B.S., 1971, Magna Cum Laude)
The Florida Bar
United States District Court
United States Tax Court