Our Intellectual Property Practice Group represents corporate clients and individuals throughout the full spectrum of intellectual property rights including patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade dress and product configurations, domain names, trade secrets, trade libel, unfair competition and related issues. We prepare and file patent, trademark and copyright applications and represent parties in patent, trademark and copyright infringement litigation. We counsel clients concerning licensing agreements and litigate for those clients when licensing agreements are violated. We also serve the needs of clients holding sweepstakes and game promotions. Our services include:
- Protecting inventions, creative and literary works, designs, trademarks, service marks and other intellectual property rights in the United States and foreign countries.
- Intellectual property litigation in federal courts throughout the United States involving claims of patent, trademark, and copyright infringement.
- Trade secret claims involving confidential and proprietary information and anti-competitive practices, corporate theft and espionage, unfair and deceptive trade practices and similar cases in state and federal court.
- Digital Millenium Copyright Act circumvention, takedown, reverse takedown and anti-cybersquatting claims in federal court and domain name dispute proceedings under the UDRP.
- Consulting and opinions on copyrights concerning derivative and collective works, protection of unpublished works, and “works made for hire.”
- Counseling and opinions on patents including patent clearance searches, freedom to operate opinions, and patentability opinions.
- Patent re-examination and interference proceedings.
- Trademark Trial and Appeal Board proceedings including oppositions and petitions to cancel registrations.
- Counseling and litigation in computer law matters including software copyright, anti-circumvention, open source software, computer fraud and abuse, computer theft and hacking, and digital trespass.
- Antitrust counseling and litigation concerning unfair competition, monopolies, and other matters related to intellectual property law.
- Trade secret counseling, confidentiality agreements, and litigation with former employees and competitors.
- Regulatory reviews of advertising and promotional materials for conformance with the FTC Act and state Little FTC Acts.
- Development and registration of sweepstakes, skill contests and promotional games.
- Counseling regarding patent portfolios including designing around competitor’s patents and expanding patent portfolios to obtain competitive advantage.
- Due diligence for investors, lenders, mergers, buyers and sellers of businesses.