Arnstein & Lehr Chicago Partner David Newman co-authored an article, “New ADR Process Facilitates call for Refined use of Damages Experts in Patent Litigation,” that was published in the May 2013 American Bar Association Intellectual Property Newsletter. In the article, Mr. Newman and his co-authors, Bruce W. Burton and Scott Weingust, propose earlier use of damages experts as part of the alternative dispute resolution process. The article states, “We suggest judges and litigants carefully consider the pros and cons of early use of damages experts in ADR proceedings amongst their other litigation and settlement options.”
Information and suggestions in the article include:
- Overview of Current Use of Damages Experts in Patent Litigation
- Use of an Independent Damages Expert During ADR Could Improve ADR Outcomes
- Refined Use of a Damages Expert as Part of ADR
- Improving Early Case Damages Assessments Through Inclusion in an ADR Process
- Use of Early Expert Valuation In Standard Essential Patent Disputes
To learn further details, please click here.